Here are the slides for my talk, “Learning about Personal Experiences and their Outcomes: Analyzing Social Media as an Observational Study”. maison_keynote_kiciman_2016-02-10
I presented this as a keynote at the MAISoN 2017, WSDM workshop.
The talk references the following papers:
- Towards Decision Support and Goal Achievement: Identifying Action-Outcome Relationships from Social Media. Kıcıman, Richardson. KDD15
- Distilling the Outcomes of Personal Experiences: A Propensity-scored Analysis of Social Media. Olteanu, Varol, Kıcıman. CSCW17
- Using Social Media to Understand the Effects of Alcohol Use During College. Kıcıman, Counts, Gasser (email me for draft)
- Shifts to Suicidal Ideation from Mental Health Content in Social Media. De Choudhury, Kıcıman, Dredze, Coppersmith, Kumar. CHI16
- Social Data: Biases, Methodological Pitfalls, and Ethical Boundaries. Olteanu, Castillo, Diaz and Kıcıman. Working paper